Expande is a public-private open-innovation initiative that applies a collaborative model to improve the industry’s productivity by fostering the development of a knowledge-intensive and world-class innovation ecosystem.
WHAT ARE WE FACING?
Chilean mining industry is facing very complex challenges on a world scale.
To face these new demands, the industry needs an ecosystem able to provide technological solutions, leading the industry to a more competitive and sustainable one.
We want to contribute to reach the goals set by the Mining Roadmap 2015-2035 developed by Programa Nacional de Minería Alta Ley.
One of these goals is to have 250 world class suppliers by 2035, who can export goods and services worth a total of US$4000 million per annum
Mining companies send their challenges forth and we connect them with the entrepreneurship and risk capital world in order to find solutions.
HOW WE DO IT?
- We carry out prospection of the technological solutions’ supply and demand.
- We articulate and promote the generation of collaboration networks with innovation ecosystems at a national and international level.
- We foster the exchange, scaling, and technological transfer.
- We transfer knowledge and tools to the ecosystem.
- We support suppliers with innovation projects’ portfolios to enable the development of an industry of goods and services focusing on mining with export potential
Since the beginning of the program, we have achieved these results:
Technological solutions scouted
Open innovation processes
Signed contracts through different models of open innovation